Decathlon eFoil from Takuma . Good or bad?

I was also surprised by the short screws, but they are sufficient. Any longer and you risk pressing them into the board underneath.

I am 105kg and rode the board for 100s of km without issues. Mine looked quite different from yours though, different ESC, only one handle on each side.

Thanks for the info - I wonder why your mast was ok and the other one bent?

I am glad you got your money back. If you look at the different Facebook groups it could have hit you worse …

Wow, could you tell me some of the Facebook groups, so I can check them out? Thanks!

Since my board looks different, maybe they have a new manufacturing location or switched suppliers?
Olli also wrote about jumps. I don’t think the board is intended for that. The mast is not very stiff. If you flip the board upside down on the beach, you can easily make the mast wobble sideways several cm with little force.

1 Like

There multiple groups on Facebook such like the generic eFoil group at FACEBOOK/GROUPS/EFOIL

You can also search for XXX owners, where XXX is the name of the manufacturer.

1 Like

The Board I got was V2. I read about the Problems with V1 also, but Takuma talked about modifications in V2 due to quality issues with V1, so I think the board I got was different from the ones that are shown on the pictures…

I didnt jump with the board, but I am new to foilsurfing, and so in the beginning I fell a few times off the board, and when I realized I will fall I jumped off the board sideways to avoid accidentally contact with the foil, thats all…

And the Screws I bought were exactly fitting in the US-Box-Nuts without pressing or pinching the board itself, I dont want to imagine the risk of injury when the original too short screws collapse during flight…

1 Like

Oh man, that’s so disappointing to see that it’s a V2 board. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Decathlon just removed the Takuma eFoil from its german website…

You can still see the landing page, but the product link is no longer valid…

Good to see that they take the quality issues serious :smiley:

Guys the etakuma board is great for beginners, as it is big. I started with it ! But it will get boring after a few rides and you soon want to get a Liftfoils.com, Fliteboard.com or waydoo.one as it is much more sporty, less heavy and much easier to handle… You don´t think to much about those things when your a beginner…Another point is the warranty, all board have their issues, but it`s improtant how they handle the warranty… Takuma definately did not handle this well in the past… Then they launched again with Decathlon and thought they will do better… but finally the product did not improove much, thats why decathlon is now “evaluating” the situation and stopped selling…

1 Like

I had 3 boards efoil Takuma /2× cruiser and 1x carver 2/. All of them have been damaged controler ESC.
I do not recommend

The board looks still too big for me, but at least a great trailer:

I don’t know if riding at night in freezing water is considered efoling fun… In my opinion each season is great for its sports… The winter is great for ski, period.
I tried to ski in August in Hintertux Austria (yes sometimes you can do it) but it’s as terrible as efoiling in the icy water when you ski on the melting ice glacier :slight_smile:

2 Likes