Any Lift efoil warranty issues?

The Lift efoil site says they’ve shipped over 1000. Is anyone aware of product defects/warranty issues that might someone think twice about a purchase? And, if there were to be an issue, does the unit have to be shipped back to PR? On my dollar?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there,

I have not heard about any complaints, but would love to hear about it, if there would be.

I had a case where oil was dropping out if the engine. The Lift support team replied within hours and said that the eFoil can be continued to be used, but at the same day they will send a new engine without any charge. The new engine arrived 5 days later and the old engine was sent back using the same box. No penny was paid.

I really liked the service.

Andreas

That sounds like very good service, as one would expect for such an expensive product.
Are there any Lift eFoil user forums where owners discuss issues? I’m interested in purchasing one, but first trying to put to rest as many possible issues as I can.

Thanks.

John

I’ve not had any issues with mine since I got it in late-May. First thing I did when I received it was inquire about any owner forums. I was told there are none but that I could create one, so I registered a couple suitable URLs. I’ve been too busy riding it to put anything together, but it’s on my list. If anyone is interested in assisting, hit me up. I’ve spent a little time looking for a good CMS/BBS…it’s been years since I created a forum and I used phpBB, which may be a bit dated?

Why would you setup a new forum if there is already one here?

1 Like

Can Lift owners provide information about having to get a license and insurance in order to ride on public bodies of water? My local reservoir is heavily patrolled and I don’t think I’d last 10 minutes before being pulled over to show proof of license and insurance, as I think any motorized craft has to be registered. On a private lake, I don’t know if I’d bother to do either of those.
I was also wondering, for existing owners: How much are you riding? Twice a week? Twice or more a day?
Thanks.
John

Hi @bfoiler,

I did register my eFoil to be on the safe side. Ideally as a “electric boat” or just as a “motor boat” or “PWA / Jetski”. Regulations are different in each country, state or even spot.

I ride my Lift eFoil 3-5 times a week. I always enjoy it :slight_smile:

Andreas

I received my Lift efoil a bit more than a week ago, and usually take a couple of rides a day. It really is a fun machine to ride. I got the Pro/short model, which proved to be a challenge to get up on for the first 30 minutes or so. I have yet to fully open the throttle to top speed, just learning to ride in different wind conditions, and trying to find the best foot placement for ideal balance. One good thing, in contrast to riding a wake foil, is the ability to shift your foot placement once you’re up and riding.
Although the lake I ride on is considered public, it’s essentially private as there are no public boat ramps, nor any patrol. Luckily, I have no need to register it. If it took it on another body of water (also a heavily patrolled res) I would surely have to get a state registration/boat permit as well as insurance.
As I live in central Florida, I’m looking forward to riding all winter long, and getting more comfortable carving turns at higher speeds.
I’d also like to hear about other Lift enfoil owners experiences, or issues.

1 Like

Hey John I’m not a zlift owner but a friend of mine in Hawaii has one he loves it. As far as. Paperwork to be legal he registered his. He had to have it inspected by the coastguard ( that’s Hawaii) once it was inspected he was able to register it no problem. He did say that the harbor master who inspected it said not to register it as a PWC as there were a lot of restrictions ( due to idiots on jet skis hitting swimmers ) one restriction that I think is pretty universal is you can’t operate it within 200 feet of swimmers so you can’t take it into the lineup. The one I was surprised about was that if it was registered as a PWC it has to be launched from a harbor with a dock. Again presumably because people have driven jet skis up onto beaches with swimmers present. So basically check your local regulations before registering it. There was something else about a second set of serial numbers and I think he had to get a plaque made with the numbers etched on it and he epoxied it to the bottom of the board. Don’t quote me on that .detail I hope that helps.
Cheers frankie

Overall haven’t had major issues with my board, just picked it up about a month ago. But about once per battery I’ll be clipping along and all the sudden the motor cuts out and just send me flying.

The board always starts back up again but it would be nice to figure out why it does that. Anyone else have this issue?

1 Like

There was an software update to fix this issue that came out recently. I see that that you just picked up your board, make sure you download the app and pair it with your board and remote. You can then apply the update.
This was introduced earlier this summer and got me a few times, thankful for the update that fixed it!

Sounds like they pushed out an update yesterday to revert back to a previous firmware, prior to this last update. That came out 9/8/21. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

I wasn’t able to get the remote to pair with my phone. I tried for an hour, watched the videos, nothing. anyone have that issue?

I have a Lift eFoil and have a current issue. However I would disregard this persons post. The construction is extremely high quality. I’m guessing this person works for a competitor.

I had an issue with my hand controller not pairing with app work with technical about a month finally they sent me a replacement now I can link with app and seems to fix the cutting off while riding