Building e-surfboard, don't know what LiPo batteries would do the work

Hey guys,

So I’m building electric surfboard and I’m stuck at the point where I should buy LiPo batteries.
Since those are expensive as hell (especially when a lot needed) I don’t want to make a mistake by buying insufficient ones.

I have BLDC 10kw, 48v, 200A current outrunner and 300A, 48v ESC. What lipo batteries whould be the best match for these specifications if I want for the example the board I’ll build to work for aprox. 35 min?

Looking forward for your recommendations.

I double any of us can help you, we rather prefer to ride than build anything…Maybe check https://efoil.builders/

good luck!

According to the requirements, this indicates a battery with a capacity of 7kWh (1.2548200*35/60=7000) which, if built on Li-Ion battery cells, will weigh at least 60kg and will be very expensive. The Li-Po battery will be even larger. It will not be a surfboard, but an electric boat.

Buy 4 multistar 20,000 mah 6s 12c batteries 2 in series gets you 12s and the two in parallel gets you 40,000 mah it is heavy and expensive but you can pull 340 amps continuous from each series pack that’s a whopping 480 amps continuous so way more than you will use.
Run time 20 mins if you are lucky 12-15 mins if you floor it
Cheers Frankie
DIY e surfboard builder

Sorry I mis typed it’s 240 amps continuous from each 12s 12c 20,000 mah pack so 480 continuous

Me would use Samsung INR18650-30Q cells or sony vtc6 3000mah
you need around 400pcs 13x25 batteries samsung or can go less vith
vtc6 sony not vould use lipo better and safer liion.

Check out batteryhookup.com they have foil packs 8000mah 25c continuous per cell
$5 a cell if you buy 40 i make 5s packs run 2 in series 10s 25c discharge 8000 mah with wire and gold connectors $60 a pack or less. If a cell fails tgey puff up replace the one cell and you sre good. Make 4s, 5s 20 s if you like
I keep em under 6s and run em in series so i can use cheaper hobby chargers.
They’re used so :man_shrugging: But tgey are cheap versatile and have worked well for me
A bit bulky again though price trumps