DIY propeller / impeller

125W - 1.8kg thrust
305W - 4.18kg thrust
710W - 7.37kg thrust
807W - 8,14kg thrust
1 kW - 9.1kg thrust
1.2kW - 10.4kg thrust
1.35kW - 10.9kg thrust

On this test today we finished because we have a problem with ESC, but this my funny drive with this funny Archimedes screw is sensational.
However, I do not rule out redesigning it after tomorrow’s rehearsals.
Greetings to all experts.

1 Like

Hi, this topic is very important, but for a long time no new post.

The impeller / propeller efficiency is very important. The lower the efficiency, the more inefficient the use of energy from a battery that is very expensive.

Only the impeller / propeller efficiency determines if the vessel has the highest possible thrust, speed or length of voyage.

In order for the vessel to have the greatest possible thrust, speed or length of the voyage, it requires a slightly different shape of the blades and sometimes the number of blades.

Each designer, manufacturer or owner of a vessel should therefore be very interested in whether the impeller / propeller has a high efficiency for the required performance of the voyage.

It took a long time, but we have it. There were moments of doubt. There were small successes, but now is a great effect.
My drive gained 25.5kg thrust at 5.3kW. We do not have a planetary gear and we do not have a water cooling pump. ESC has been specially designed for our efoil. The ESC is placed in the drive cigar. The plate temperature of the power transistors is 27 degrees Celsius. Engine temperature 45 degrees Celsius.

I believe that our drive is number one in the world

1 Like

Sounds great AmberJet!
Water cooling pumps are a hassle thats for sure…
Are you able to get up on foil with 25kg?

The most efficient drive for e-foil:
1st place - engine, propeller (highest achievable efficiency, highest acceleration, longest cruise)
2nd place - engine, impeller, nozzle - jet propulsion (top speed)
3rd place - engine, gearbox, propeller (highest stroke)

I have highlighted in several topics that the most efficient e-foil drive system is a jet propulsion. However, I have recently found that the most efficient drive system is the one that consists only of the engine and the propeller (preferably a propeller with an injury protection).

Every engineer here therefore did very well that he started developing a system that does not have a gearbox but has only of engine and propeller. The engine that has a rotating casing is probably the best solution for the propeller. However, stator coil cooling must be solved very well. Then this system is likely to spread all over the world.

Propulsion system, which consists only of engine and propeller, has the highest achievable efficiency - for example, it may have the highest acceleration or longest voyage (or a combination of them). The production of this system is the cheapest (the most expensive system is a jet propulsion), it has the longest life and the least maintenance. The propeller can be optimized for pull, cruise length or speed. The only downside is that the right propeller can not be bought anywhere. Propellers must therefore be designed in 3D CAD and be produced on a CNC. The propeller must be optimized for a particular engine.

1 Like

Thank you amberjet that is a huge help. I am a theoretical physicist and my only area of expertise is oring design and a computerized gasoline detector where I designed the analogue sensor and hired an engineer to do the computer signal processing.

Unfortunately, most of the builders on here seem to have a PhD equivalent in hands on engineering and so far I have been unable to contribute a single significant idea lol but I have saved a fortune by NOT trying my own ideas first but rather learning from the forum.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing your progress and the modified screw looks wicked cool regardless of how well it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you ever consider selling it?

Thank you borntosurf222.
I had a lot of work. The task was very difficult. But we’re already finishing. Learning was very expensive. In the coming days will show the effects. The propeller was made of aluminum.
I do all the work with the intention of selling. Probably our drives will be bought by one of the best boards making companies. I will also sell DIY.
VeFoil, the exit from the water depends not only on the speed but on the lift of the wing and the weight of the rider.

New test and new result:
4.2kW = 30kg of thrust
32V battery voltage

Poland starts learning and testing.

2 Likes

And 10 minutes later …

1 Like

That looks awesome! Is the diameter still 68mm, and what RPM is your new test results based on?

I apologize to MaxPower, but more details are my secret …

Well, that’s an interesting take on a DIY community board. You will have to let me know if you make any money when there are certainly better already in the marketplace, lol.

WNT I have been thinking that forever and have been posting that on the site almost forever.

On a side note that is the name of the Scifi book I wrote: On the edge of forever about nano tech and virtual nano wires…

https://www.quora.com/How-many-horsepower-do-humans-have

Has some excellent answers that clearly demonstrate efficiency can be reverse calculated from purely “human” powered windsurfers, kiteboards and so on demonstrate.

Here is my latest design.

It is a 56 mm impeller. A 60mm version is running in my self made boat.

1 Like

Wow it goes really fast for a displacement hull.
Good work!

Hi Amberjet
I am Polish but only speak french and English but would love to be your Canadian dealer :slight_smile:
This is a relatively simple engineering problem and the retail prices seem totally out of this world especially the waterwolf which I really want but I am veryi nterested in a gasoline powered unit with a kick start just like on dirt bikes on a 105 litre or 140 litre board with a direct shaft drive to a propeller but with a dead mans switch where once you step off the drive plate the power to the propeller disengages while leaving the motor running…
I feel this is patentable but I would rather just see it implemented for the benefit of the sport…
So consider this the first public disclosure by the original inventor so now no one can patent this EVER

Patents are being used to suppress innovation and that was never the purprose of patents

anyway just love the fact the product will be made in Poland along with the Wilga :stuck_out_tongue:

WNT i feel the torqueedo plastic propeller with an RPM of 1200-1400 would likely slap away a limb not sever it iff the safety lockouts fail

I actually prototyped this with a drill and 10 inch and 12 inch mock up and 1200 rpm is not as scary as a metal sharp 4000 rpm prop…

There is a guy in england who puts a bead on the leading edge and literally shoves his whole hand in at full RPM nuts but it works