EasyGoat Electric Hydrofoil

Easy Goat I thought you said months ago that you were going to be putting a duct around the propeller for protection?

I must admit that is so scary having a completely open exposed propeller. You guys are mighty brave to be learning with no protection. Checkout this recent efoil injury from a blade that had a ducted around the propeller. Super dangerous and the product or sport will be band once a few more of these happen at public beaches: http://efoil.builders/t/nice-cut-from-propeller/2054?u=vefoil

In the interview they said they will add it as an option, it seems like a low priority for them because as he explained the real danger is the sharp foil not a prop which stops when you fall. however i think the accident can occur when you are walking/swimming near the prop and accidentally start itā€¦ In that accident the guy had a duct and it broke?

Thanks for the reply JetSurfNation!

I think I speak for most DIY eFoil builders, commercial builders, and efoil buyers/riders. Not having a protected propeller is very dangerous. It shows a lack of common sense/risk, safety from the creator and is a huge disrespect for their end users/buyers.

I have fallen into the hydrofoil wings many times, and yes it hurts and can leaves bruises, but I donā€™t get sliced up by a propeller. All of you guys are super lucky none of you fell into the hydrofoil during testing thatā€™s all I can say. Itā€™s going to happen because it always happens. Eventually, we all have fall where we land in the hydrofoil, its just part of riding a hydrofoil.

And yes the guy had been cut with propeller had a duct which broke, but just imagine if the duct was not there the to slow and jam up the propeller, things would have been WAY worse. As he stated in his post a jet drive would be safer. I just donā€™t see risking limbs and life just to efoil with an open blade when you can put a duct around it, make no logical sense.

Sorry for the rant and Iā€™m not trying to be negative here, Iā€™m simply trying to state the risks and help keep this sport safe for users.

Hi all,

I know i (we) are newbeeā€™s on this forum, but reading this threat i want to add some info from a Easy goat user.
As we are hydrofoiling behind the boats for more then 15 years now (my wife is 4 time EU champion) we know about the dangers these sports give.

We have seen in the post from Andreas some pictures, if you take the duct away from the vefoil and waterwolf and compaire again, the Easy goat wil be the safest (our opinion).

When you swim behind it, your body will first hit the rearwing before comming near to the propeller.
Same for sideways impact, you have to get exact between front and rearwing to come near to the prop.
As from the downside, almost inpossible to get near to this little plastic prop.

Of course when you try to get your arm between wings to reach the prop and then throttle down your remote it will hurt you.

I have a lot off crashes, falling off in all possible positions and speeds, when falling, i release the remote (why keep it at full speed) the prop stops immidiatly.
As for the Easy goat wings, the are in our oppinion dull, our hydrofoil wings you can slice a apple with, so no harm there.

For info: we always use a helmet, swimvest etc.

Just my 2 cents worth post :slight_smile:

Regards Obbe

3 Likes