Foil Drive Assist

Just found this today on facebook

Foil Drive Assist is a retro-fit electric paddle assistance kit for your existing hydrofoil surf board gear!
Foil Drive Assist is designed specifically for SUP Foil Surfing, Down winding, and light condition Wing Dinging!

Info foildrive.com.au

Any thoughts?

Looks like affordable alternative to efoil?

3400 usd price

1 Like

Looks like Boost fin for classic foiling. Since we have no waves here in Berlin it makes no sense for me. But you should try it.

3500$ just for the booster is quite a lot if you take into account that you get waydoo efoil complete for 5999$.
But wait for a couple of months more… we know a similar product is coming soon for under 999$

They recently released Assist+. What do you think guys?

I would really love to test it in the waves one day. One thing i dont like to be honest is a scary DIY look of the battery box, they say it’s safe but we know how other efoil companies protect the battery by many many layers and here it looks like a transparent DIY box with just tiny rubber seal and two plastic lockers, not sure about safety here. They say it’s safe but who knows. Another problem is high price for such a tiny setup and battery, they offer it for $4,400.00 high price which also needs to add price of your own foil setup (+2000) so it makes a price of waydoo/takuma efoil. their main advantage is light setup (whole thing is like a light efoil of 13kg giving half an hour of ride time) but fits only light rider or big volume boards if you go without waves.

FOIL DRIVE Indepth Review :fire: 4 Experiments to motorise your foil gear
Today I am excited to test the new FOILDRIVE Assist Plus system which lets you motorise your existing foil gear to get you flying and catch more waves! In this video we will unbox the Foildrive, check what extras we might need, show you how to install it on your foiling gear, help you choose the foil boards, wings and masts to begin with and then we will test my different foil setups to see what works best for a heavy rider like Mike. Let’s have some fun creating the lightest efoil in the industry and get it flying depowered in the waves!

EFOIL vs FOILDRIVE | Side By Side Comparison

I’ve been riding a prone foil board with Foildrive Assist+ for a whole now and in this video we are going to do Side By Side Comparison of EFOILS vs FOILDRIVE! Who will win?

I’m turning 40 today and excited to share my new video! Here is my current favorite setup:
ZERO DRAG EFOILING? | Foil Drive x Project Cedrus Review

Whats a surfboard lol