Lift eFoil with High Aspect wings

Anyone here tried the new HA wings on their eFoil?

I am also curious about any experience with the folding prop. How different is the ride with this vs. regular prop?

Peter

Looks like a question for @Bernd.

Bernd, can you share your experience?

I am absolutely loving it, folding prop + HA wing is the ultimate ride and takes efoiling to a whole new level. These days I am riding my 5’0 almost exclusively on HAs and with folding prop. It opens up efoiling to a whole other dimension!

Pirating wakes and riding them powered off, riding waves (Baltic Sea!!!), going slow with ultra high maneuverability, going for distance (Max is 2h on foil on one battery), learning to pump the efoil, getting powered into downwind sessions that will last forever, finishing every ride with an unpowered glide to a spectacular stop…

The folding prop alone increases efficiency by 20% (mostly due to not having a duct). 250HA took my riding time from 1h40 on 250surf to 2h per battery.

The downside to both folding prop and HA wings… they are not suited for beginners. In particular the HA wings are much less tolerant to mistakes (you will easily stall if you don’t level the board, board drops like a stone if angle of attack is too high, the fickleness of the 25HA stabilizer might drive some people crazy).

But again, it’s all worth it!

My review of the 250HA

My review of the 170HA

1 Like

Well, links don’t show…
You’ll find them on my Instagram @hydrofil.de

Earlier today…

1 Like

Hi Bernd,

Most helpful!! I went through your Instagram as well. 250 HA arriving tomorrow. I got the 40 stabilizer as this was what Lift recommended. I am looking to ride boat wakes and the smallest wind swell in the inland waters in Denmark. However, a 200 HA may be in my future as well as we do have some waist to chest high surf at some spots further away on the west coast in Denmark (Cold Hawaii). Probably a smaller stabilizer for the 200 HA but maybe not going all the way down to 25 :-). I have quite a bit of foil experience with the kite but my wave surfing experience is quite limited.

Also getting folding propeller tomorrow. Not quite sure how I will procede. I am thinking of taking it stepwise to appreciate the benefits og the different components (take prop guard of, install folding prop, 250 HA wing). Which order do you suggest I procede in?

I am same weight as you and riding 4’4’’ board.

Peter

2 Likes

Sorry, didn’t find a quick way to answer and then forgot. Anyway, I am back here…
I guess there is no wrong way here, it becomes more about your progression as a rider from here on.

I would go folding prop first and ride the foils you are used to for a session or two and feel how much that already speeds you up + how much more responsiveness this will give you. Then I would go 250HA. No real need for the intermediate step normal prop minus the duct. You probably won’t go back to the old prop anyway… I think the 250HA+40surf might give you a more stable feeling that might be easy to get into (given you are already riding a pro). Then ride it a while and then go off trigger, too (in wakes or without anything doesn’t matter in the beginning…).

I love the 250HA+25HA now, took a couple of sessions but now I am comfortable with this combo. Now, 170HA+25HA still feels very twitchy, if a fly lands on my shoulder I am already doing an aggressive turn to that side… This thing is wild. But I am starting to appreciate this feeling…

Looks like this post is a bit dated. But has anyone ridden the 120 HA on an Efoil yet? I have the 200 surf/48 Surf on my 4’9" Lift V3 pretty much have that mastered after owning the board for a couple weeks. I’ve ridden the 150 surf/34 surf, that was easy, carves great and a little faster.

Debating what my next wing set should be… Looking for a carving monster, something faster and more nimble without sawing through the battery in 45 min. Mainly riding inland lakes and poaching some boat waves when available. I’ll be pairing with the folding prop as well. I’m thinking HA170 or even potentially the HA120. Thoughts?

Going to order a Lift efoil and interested in more feedback on the Lift HA foils. Was planning to get the 150 surf for carving but maybe 200 HA for more glide and less drag is better choice? I think both would be useful and would also be good surfing behind boat (on wakefoil board). Can’t really imagine a downside to HA when you have an efoil to keep speed up. If I get HA200 will I also want V2surf 150? Whats a good combination?

I did not like 200HA, it;'s too long and too slow, too much lift and also it does not fit my car without a need to unscrew the foil which is a waste of time. Surf wing is shorter and much better for me but to each its own. It also fits my car perfectly.

So sounds like 200 is too big to have high aspect advantages. I think I’ll hold off on high aspect wings until I’m confident enough for the 170 or 120HA. Thanks for reply.

MN if get a HA170 or HA120 let me know how it compares.

every persons situation is somewhat different. What is the “best” for someone in surf will likely suck at flatwater lake use. How fast is “best” for you? Every size they sell will be the absolute best wing for someone out there. :wink:

Yes Lift wings cover a wide range of uses. They have a pretty good discription on their website. There is also great reviews and discussion on other foiling forums. There are very few comments relating to using on an efoil. I was foiling with someone yesterday that said his favorite foil used to be the 200HA and now it is the 120HA. So just a matter of progression. I was riding the surf v2 150 and loved how it carved and was still plenty stable. I’ll start on that and jump to the 120HA when I want a challenge.

Also huge differences in rider weights which is seldom mentioned in the wing reviews.

Special Sale on Lift Foils wings (Europe only) at: https://e-surfer.com/de/blog/lift-foils-efoil-berlin-sonderangebote/