Looking For Best ESUP Solution

Hi all,

I’m disabled due to a spinal cord injury, and I’m trying to get funding for an inflatable stand-up paddleboard/kayak (with a seating option, so I don’t have to stand the whole time) with electric assist. I want to get out on the water in the summertime.

I thought I’d go with Current Drives’ ESUP, but nobody there has responded to my requests for contact, so it looks like I’ll be going with another company(ies). Unless Current Drives makes the best ESUP, and I can get somebody there to communicate with me.

Suggestions on the best ESUP brands? Or inflatable stand-up paddleboard/kayaks, and aftermarket electric assist system setups?

I’m also searching for paddleboard forums to expand my search, but it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of traffic on most of the ones I’ve found. Any other paddleboarding forums out there?

Thanks!

Hi. It looks like Current Drives is using the system similar to Aquamarine blue drive that we tested.
From other esups we tested Blue lagoon, SUPjet and Onean Manta.

You can watch video reviews on my channel. Aquamarina is a cheap solution, it’s 700 usd + SUP (300-400) not ridiculous $ 2,695.00 that Current drives charging for exactly same thing.

Obviously i loved Manta the most

but it’s very heavy and NOT inflatable.

Additionally Scubajet is coming (hopefully? i’ve been waiting for it forever) and Bixpy system (also waiting forever)

Thanks for the replies. After doing more research, I’m now thinking I should get something like a Hobie i11s, which can be used both as a kayak, and SUP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2gTZPhVE-g

I’m thinking the foot-pedaled Mirage Drive will be a good way for me to get exercise and physical therapy for my legs, especially because that drive has a back and forth pedaling motion, and not a circular bicycle style pedaling motion. I’ll have to see how it goes in practice though. And I could also get upper body exercise with the paddle.

You can even swap out the Mirage Drive for an electric “Evolve” system, if I understand correctly: https://www.hobie.com/accessories/evolve/ Or I think you could attach an aftermarket electric drive system into the rear fin slot.

Are there any other foot-pedaled drive products out there that would compete with Hobie’s Mirage Drive? Or any other products I may want to consider?

The Hobie i11s looks pretty promising, but I want to find the best solution for myself. I plan to demo 3 products with Hobie Mirage Drives: the Revolution 11, Outback, and Eclipse Pedalboard, although unfortunately the store doesn’t have an i11s for this demo.

Sounds good. let us know how your demos went!

Hi there,

I can offer a simple solution. I work for Scubajet, and we make a jetpack that adds into any US finbox or the slidein finbox for your choice of SUP. I am available at sj@scubajet.com if you want more info.
PS… I worked for Current Drives 2 yrs ago

Cheers,
Steve