Motors, ESC, and Batteries

HI! First time poster, go easy :slight_smile:

I found this pump I want to print, I’m assuming 1 single 80mm pump should be enough for an eSurf, right?

DIY esurfboard

He recommends an SSS 56114 360KV motor, my only question is… Is that a good motor to go with for this? What ESC and how many S’s of batteries do I need.

I know some electronics stuff, but I am completely out of my element when it comes to RC stuff.

Thanks!!

You should always start picking the batteries first how many volts you want in your system atleast 8s 30v.
Then choose what motor; always pick the motor that you are going to use maximum rpm of it, for a jet board I recommend atleast 8s 30v, if u pick a 8s battery you should get a motor that have 8s as max voltage input so you use maximum rpm that motor can give.
And last a ESC that can handle the motor Current draw, if motor draw 170A max use a esc that have 240A atleast.

I have this jet and motor with 400amp esc. I would say its not good enough weather it is the pump design or the motor I’m not sure but it’s not fast from what I have assembled

Hi…I’m changing over to brushless and have carried an outperform 6200kv engine with a 35A esc on the portrayal I’m being told it’s maximum current is 75A will the esc be capable handle that, I ought to expect so really a unit… additionally in case I have an outperform 6200kv engine 28diameter 38long with a 35a esc I’d prefer to utilize a 3s Lipo 2200mah what C rating would I really want (20C,30C,50C…) or does anybody know a 3s lipo 2200 which will fit in a Mavrick particle 1/18 scale ex vehicle.