MSLR Electric E-foils

I was down in California last fall and tried a Lift Foil. I immediately fell in love, this is the most amazing sport that I’ve ever tried. It’s like flying an airplane strapped to your feet.
I’m sure others on this forum can relate to now being addicted hahaha.
I was really trying to get a Lift foil for less than $12,000 USD which I eventually gave up on.
I did find another manufacturer out of Canada making boards with the same quality as Lift and Fliteboard at just a slightly lower price point. Fliteboard has gears in it and MSLR and Lift don’t. I personally don’t see the need for gears, just another thing that can break.
I feel like Lift owns the market and for good reason. Nick and his team are world class and are constantly innovating.
I ended up ordering from MSLR and I’m so happy. I was able to get an extra$1,000.00 because of a covid-19 promotion.

I would stay away from a lot of the boards! on the market. Lots of cheap stuff out there. You can message me if you’re not sure about buying from a cheaper source.

This looks like the Chinese Cimi / Surffic board but $5,000 more expensive.

To be honest, I don’t think anyone will buy a no-name board for more than a few thousand dollars. It would be pretty foolish to spend that much money on a completely unknown product.

Why is it priced 11k like market leaders Lift and Flite? Most chinese boards like Waydoo and also Etakuma are much cheaper because the quality is completely different. Here i assume it is also generic chinese brand?

If you read my post, my first ride was on a lift board.
This is why I bought this board because it is comparable to Lifts quality and I saved $2,000.00.
Just for the record Lift and Fliteboard are Chinese boards as well.
After a great rest ride and purchase I’m very happy with it. Same warranty and same performance for less money. I call it a win win

by “chinese” we mean generic alibaba boards that fall apart on the first use. Of course all legit brands have some components made in China but they are not Chinese brands at all. Fliteboard is made in australia, its battery in china and board itself i think in thailand.

The difference is how well the brand is doing worldwide support and post sale service.

“Quality comparable to Lift” - that’s a far stretch. Lift produced over 2000 lifts each year and never had any big incidences. That is what quality mean. When some brand sells 2-3 boards there is just not enough data to judge if its good or not. The time will tell.

Thank you for your insights. I understand what you mean now. I’ll keep the forum posted :crossed_fingers:

Some more data:

Same board, half the price: https://flitefoil.com/products/manta-efoil

1 Like

I’ve now logged over 100 hours of flying on my MSLR and I love my 5’5".
So happy with my purchase. I think the 10k was worth every penny.

There is something fishy going on here… "manufacturer out of Canada " promoted by Robert1 but same Chinese board flitefoil half the price? All of them look like just a whitelabel of a generic chinese board from alibaba under different names.

Calling a board “flitefoil” is a direct insult to Fliteboard and most likely they will take it down for infringement of copyright and patents, so I would recommend avoid buying it.

1 Like

They’re definitely white labeled boards from China. Surffic sells them as well (and probably many other companies we haven’t seen yet).

I’d say there’s a 99.9% chance “Robert” works for MSLR.

E-surfer should really do more research before promoting this overpriced junk!

Hi Carey and Taylor

Thank you for your kind words…

I don’t know if Robert1 also works for you or not, but he started his
topic on a wrong foot, claiming it is “manufacturer out of Canada”
etc… This community is very small so people quickly understood it’s a
whitelabel from Cimis… Now while you are saying about exclusivity,
just now more and more Cimis resellers are popping up… Tiki boards ,
Flitefoil, GlideFoil i lost the track. Maytech remote also is a
proven bad choice in the community, so there are a lot of problems
with it. https://efoil.builders/t/maytech-remote-required-modifications-before-use/6570

I understand your unit works fine but long term the time will
tell. There are a lot of issues with post sale support and repairs
that whitelabel resellers unfortunately are not aware off and will be
losing a lot of money when people will start returning and refunding
broken boards - that’s when most of these resellers are going out of
business, also met with legal charges from Lift and Fliteboards for
infringement of patents. I hope you are ready for all that and I wish
you luck, it’s not a business i would love to be in to be honest, as I
enjoy riding boards but would never get into selling them!

Please continue supporting discussion on e-surfer forum, i think
people need to understand that you are not just another reseller but
trying to stand behind the product and improve it.

Good luck friends!

I’m a school bus driver in Spuzzum, BC!

You can also check discussion here guys https://efoil.builders/t/the-surffic-cimi-sports-tiki-factory-thread-info-for-the-diyer/6709/23 basically main question why 3800 usd Cimi board is offered at $11,000

MSLR Electric Version 2 Summer Release 2021

This is pretty sad. They waste the first half of the video talking about efoils in general then they finally talk about their “new” 2021 efoil and there’s nothing new about it. They claim they have a new remote but they show a rendering of the same old Maytech remote that’s notorious for being a piece of junk. Their shots of someone designing new graphics are really just a guy clicking on pictures. The CEO doesn’t even understand battery capacity and we’re supposed to believe he’s an efoil innovator? LOL

Not wrong there Jane, sadly to much of the E-foil business is about profit via marketing BS (Bull Shit) rather than creating a quality product that performs and sells itself… Down Under here in OZ we used to call it " Selling the sizzle not the sausage". Even the big boys like Flite are guilty of that.

Hello Jane. I’m just about to order a MSLR foil from Carey the CEO of the business. After reading all these comments ?? I have doubts about this purchase. What would you recommend instead? I’m a kite surfer and Wakeboarder but never been on an electric board.