Radinn out of business?

I don’t hear anything anymore about Radinn. Latest news was from spring.

They are also not replying to emails. Are they still in business?

Thx
S

They are active on Instagram so I guess they are still in business

They are trying to launch the new model

this was a week ago, so it’s hard to say that we dont hear anything since spring…

Things go very slow in this industry

I just received the new version of the board and it is a total failure. The motor cuts in and out causing the board to jerk violently

Ouch. How is their customer support, @David_Fimone ?

Well, they have an app, that may or may not report issues. There are so many issues with this board. Lets discuss the battery… The board does not recognize the battery on most installs. So you have to pull the battery out with your fingertips and this thing is very heavy

can you make some video or fotos of all the new features and what works and what does not? how is turning? does it have fins?

We are now a Radinn Dealer and have boards in stock. We have used the Radinn boards and have been very happy with their performance. You are welcome to come and test the board, so you can form an opinion based on your own experience. Just visit us at deepvee.de or come by our store in Laboe, close to Kiel.

I found these guys extremely unresponsive. Looks like they don’t care about their customers.

From their social media activities it looks like these guys are preferring to spend their investors and customers money in parties and champagne at nice locations all over the place …

Hi Buzzer, do you own a Radinn board? If you are in Germany, feel free to contact us us for support, as we are a Radinn dealer. We have very good and easy communication with Radinn, and if any of our customers has a problem with any board which we sold, we take care of it.
Feel free to contact us at service@deepvee.de for any assistance you might require.
The G2X is a fantastic board, and compared to other boards available on the market today it is really good value for money.

It’s great to hear that the Radinn team is at least talking to their resellers, but the overall feedback seems to be that they are unresponsive to their users. Looking at their social media activities these guys must spent money like hell on travelling and promotions. At the same time we see only a very small number of people who actually got a board. How does this math work?

For me it looks very much like that these guys make up their startup in order to sell it with profit to a stupid investor. They don’t seem to care about their (potential) users.

Radinn has 60,000 Facebook followers compared to Onean (17k), which were much earlier in the market and got some first mover attention. Fliteboard (14k), Lift Foils (18k) and Lampuga (7k).

Does this make sense?

They put all the money on travelling and promotions. No doubt, they paid for the high amount of followers.

And what happens once they sell their company? I would not spend my money on them.

Just my 2 cents …

ES

Yes good words. The radinn is only a bit more expensive then the carver x and with all their marketing they should have Ron’s of customers. But even it that rental stations you barely see radinn. Their business can’t be working, I guess their books are a nightmare. It really seems it’s all about sell out or making a brand popular and don’t care about now cause they have enough money to not make profit by now. Either way it seems to become a customer a that time isn’t the best idea. And if you would wanna have one you should make sure to buy it from a reseller who then is responsible for you

I was one of the rare clients few years ago… The board was too heavy and run time was too low. I dont know about G2X model I never tried it but from videos the turning is still the issue (the board is too wide and has no front rope like jetsurf or ewave to help you turn)

The good thing is that we finally have some choice. Next to the foils from Lift and Flite there is Lampuga and Loawai shipping …

This was an old thread, but it became true now. After Onean went out of business, now Radinn as well:

This is sad. I think we will see more companies dying over the next months. There are rumors about Waveshark as well.

The market of electric surfboards is too small for so many manufacturers we have right now. And every quarter more are coming. What we see dying are mainly cheaper brands. At least currently.

This makes sense. Cheaper products = more failures = more support = more expensive, but less margin.

That’s sad, seems like jetboards are slowly losing its novelty with efoils taking over… in the end of the day probably efoils killed them. so companies like radinn and onean could not switch to efoils and sales went lower

From Awake:

As most of you already know, Radinn was declared bankrupt in 2023.

We fully understand that the bankruptcy creates an unfortunate situation and the concerns it raises for the future. We hope the products you have bought will be of the quality that can be expected so that you will not have any issues with your business and you and your customers can enjoy many memorable rides to come.

For the sake of clarity, Awake has nothing to do with the bankruptcy of Radinn and has not purchased or assumed any of the businesses of Radinn following the bankruptcy. Accordingly, we direct any and all questions relating to Radinn to the bankruptcy estate Trädgårdh Advokatbyrå (Dajana Kalman, dajana.kalman@tragardh.se).

While Awake has not purchased the Radinn company, nor is operating or running the Radinn brand and business, we can confirm that following the bankruptcy, Awake has purchased some select assets from the bankruptcy estate after Radinn. This deal was pursued by Awake to leverage the work done in order to fuel continued development of the Awake offering and brand, and to continuously develop and improve the user experience.

Awake’s purchase of assets from the bankruptcy estate also included some Radinn spare parts that Awake have engaged with a third party to make available to resellers and subsequently end users. Awake does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to these Radinn spare parts.

The spare parts are expected to be available as of 15th of March for a period of six months.

With that ownership transfer and with the contact information below, as of now, we leave any further questions and information about support of spare parts to Manufacturing Partners Sp. Z o.o in Poland.

Contact details for Manufacturing Partners Sp. Z o.o:

Furthermore, in the event the Radinn app will not work for whatever reason, an APK (Android Application Package) developed under the care of the bankruptcy estate is available at https://www.radinn.com/apk in order for you to be able to “jumpstart” the boards that are not yet onboarded without the need of the standard Radinn App. The download and use is done solely at the user’s discretion and risk and Awake assumes no liability. Awake has not developed the original software or hardware. Awake only provides access to the code we have seen.

We hope that these measures will help you to weather to the greatest extent possible the consequences the Radinn bankruptcy has on your business and we are at your disposal for discussion in the event there is interest in the Awake products, now or in the future.

All the best,

Premium Electric Surfboards

+46 (0) 8 77 77 270

Awake/Stockholm

Frihamnsgatan 26

11556 Stockholm, SWEDEN

Does anyone know if there are any new Radinn board kits sitting in the Radinn storage in Tennessee, USA? …