V2 of my jetboard is done!

a very short video about my 2nd build jetboard.

The maiden (shown in the video) was done with a 6S battery.
Top speed that test was just over 30 km/h

I’ve got a 12S ready to go in, and will use it next week (weather permitting)

Things still missing at this moment are foot straps and fins.
I will add them when the exact standing position on the board is known.

The board is just over 100 liters.

2 Likes

Seems you are having fun, that is most important thing in jetboarding!

1 Like

Nice board guys. And impressive performance on 6s. Looking forward to seeing what kind of performance you get with 12s. Will you swap out the motors for lower kv motors or have you found a way to dial back the rpm when you double the voltage.?
Looks like fun :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Small video of yesterdays 12S12P test run.

We used custom impellers in the jets, and they were causing cavitation with the higher RPM.
Because of this and the board being very slippery, standing on the board was difficult.
We will add EVA mats later when done testing.

Unfortunately the phone inside the battery box did not get a GPS lock (due to being from carbon?), so no speed data (for now).

More and better video soon…

1 Like

Any Garmin watch is ideal for measuring speed. I use a bike mode with an extension of the distance from the starting point. It is quite practical to know if I will be able to return to the starting point. Time, speed, distance, heart rate, etc. are recorded.

1 Like

Thank you for the info.
I used the remote control (its got a GPS) for the Insta360 camera in my last video.
Looks like it is working fine…

We did have some problems with the BMS FET’s turning to hot, and causing the BMS to shut things down. We are now looking into adding extra cooling (maybe use water) for the BMS

Anyway. Here is the last video we recorded. Please note that we have set the max power out of the ESC’s to 70%.

Short version (on insta) Noël on Instagram: "Finally we managed to get some more testing done with our diy jetboard. This time at 70% power output. Still some cavitation problems, but only in rough conditions. We are also having some small issue with the BMS FET's heating up too much. This is an easy fix, and should be fine next run. #jetsurf #jetboard #jetsurfing #esurf #diyjetboard #diyjetsurf #electricjetboard #jetsurfingnation"

Long version (YT)

1 Like

Keep going Kian! Very inspiring!

2 Likes

Thank you Mike.
Speed is okay at this moment, but will go up more when we set it to 100% power

Looks awesome! This is also a cool sport, although classic surfing is more familiar to me.

1 Like

unfortunately I do not have waves here on the lake.

It’s sad and I understand you. It’s just that this kind of boarding is new to me.

1 Like

Great board ! very nice

1 Like