Waydoo Flyer eFoil board

Nobody said that liftfoils or fliteboard are unreliable, the discussion was about Chinese boards.

Moreover the problem is not an engine, the real problem is usually in the smallest things - breaking remote controls, the battery, charger etc.

But of course it’s much better getting burned that listen to someone else experience :slight_smile:

The power of 6000 W seems unnecessarily oversized. If I know the hydrofoil is enough with 1000W and therefore lasts for 1 battery to ride for 60 minutes.

Hi All,

This is Elle from Waydoo Intelligence Technology company, Our eFoil product “Waydoo Flyer” launched in Jan. 2019 CES, Waydoo Flyer is very popular in the market and we are also receiving emails from enthusiasts from all over the world. We are seeking for agents!

Waydoo is a high-tech enterprise which integrates the R&D, production and sales of products of watersports technology. its parent company, Shenzhen Xiangnong Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. is one of the leading manufacturers of agricultural UAV in China.
We obtained the Angel-round and A-round investment from Shenzhen Dajiang Innovation Technology Co., Ltd.(DJI).

Sharing the 9 years’technology accumulation in UAV industry, Waydoo’s team are experienced in structural design, mechanical engineering, fluid mechanics, industrial design, electromechanical design, software development and equipment manufacturing.

We have absolute confidence in our products!

Any questions do not hesitate to contact with us!

Elle
Email: elle.lin@waydoo.io
Phone/ Skype/ Whatsapp/ Wechat: +86 13724266101

Our original corporate e-mail suffix waydoo.io will be changed into waydootech.com , please contact us with the new email address. Thank you very much!
Email: elle.lin@waydootech.com

Come to europe for jetboard testing tour tests, reviews and videos. It’s hard to trust chinese companies that are not tested well.

1 Like

Hi there! This is Martijn from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We’re the exclusive Waydoo reseller for the European market. We too were not convinced about the quality of Waydoo at first so we flew to China in a difficult time so to say;) but didn’t get sick nor did we get disappointed: The Waydoo Flyer delivers!! Back home we started to build our business, our foil school, our social media (@[FlyingFish_efoils] on Instagram) AND last but not least, we spend a week shooting our brand movie which can be viewed here:

We hope you like! Please let me know if you have any questions, and/or are in the area to come test our boards. Be welcome!

Best regards,
Martijn

Well edited Martijn, great video

1 Like

Greetings from Australia Martijn, If the product is half as good as your efforts and video presentation you should have great success.
Good luck.
Ron

1 Like

Thank you so much! Guess what? The product is pretty damn AWESOME! For example, check out this tow-in video we made :smiley:

Above there is data of the old “Waydoo Flyer” efoil. Please be aware that there is a new model “Waydoo Flyer one” It has unique plug&play features and some different data…
flyer one ani
The price starts at 5499€ and please check for the correct data on www.waydoo.one
Production is increased to about 20pcs a day now but anyhow we have lead times of about 3 months. WE hope to reduce this soon but worldwide ordernumbers still increase!.
So get ready to order one soon to get it for 2021 season.

Waydoo Germany

Today we continue our endless Jetboard Testing tour and visit Aveiro, a beautiful town north of Portugal to meet Pedro Frazão from @usha_emotion - one of the first dealers of Waydoo Flyer ONE efoil in Portugal.

Powered by a robust propulsion system, Waydoo Flyer ONE gives you the ultimate water experience. You can ride anytime and anywhere. Ride on oceans, lakes, rivers to experience the sensation of flying above water.

Our First impressions
(HONEST UNBIASED REVIEW BY MIKE)

PROS:

1. Plug&Play design. Waydoo Flyer ONE is the world’s first cordless electric hydrofoil. The cutting-edge integrated module design enables a super easy and hassle-free set-up. Other efoils are still using cables.
  2. Affordable price (Almost 2 times cheaper compared to high-end market leading efoils Fliteboard and Liftfoils)
  3. Waydoo Flyer ONE is extremely lightweight - made of EPA Foam + Aluminum Alloy Frame. Total weight 28 kg including 12 kg battery.
  4. Backed by DJI drone company (Made in China), funded on Kickstarter.
  5. The company listens to the users’ feedback and improves the product. For example the bag was improved, the board became much smaller compared to the old version etc. It’s a good sign of progress.

CONS

1. A very noisy, big and inefficient motor with a HUGE propeller makes the efoiling a very noisy experience (comparing to other efoils)
  2. Great for beginners and casual riders but PPO efoilers may find max speeds of just 25 mph unsatisfying.
    Waydoo offers another pro-model called Waydoo Flyer made with carbon fiber and a maximum speed of up to 28mph provided by a robust 7500W motor.
  3. Shorter riding time compared to other top class efoils. (1 hour vs 1.5 hour). The riding time depends on the winds and the rider weight.
  4. The screen of the remote control is hard to read during the sunny days and must be improved.

The bottom line - Waydoo Flyer ONE is a great affordable entry-level efoil that will help a lot of people quickly get into the sports of electric hydrofoils and experience the sensation of flying above the water. However if you are a PRO rider looking for maximum performance and high speeds, this board is not for you. We can compare BWM and Kia. Both cars will drive you well from point A to point B but the experience and comfort will be different. Each efoil price level will find its own buyer and there is room for everyone. A rising tide lifts all boats and the more people get into the new exciting sport of efoiling, the better!

1 Like

Great review. Thanks for sharing!

Looking forward to other user feedback once they did ride the board a few dozen times. I am still wondering how reliable low budget boards are in the long term.

I met only one user so far and he returned the board as it was too slow for him.

Anyways the market needs competition to innovate. Keep on foiling …

Cheers
Andreas

It’s definitely slower than Lift / Fliteboard but not THAT slow. It still fast enough to comfortably lift even heavy rider like me.

You are not heavy :wink:

For those interested, I have been riding my Waydoo Flyer One for a few weeks now. Here is a comprehensive review. Waydoo Flyer One Review (Click Bold for link to review) I have been following Waydoo since I met the team at CES in Las Vegas last January.

1 Like

This other topic here in the forum looks concerning:

I have been following the Waydoo Flyer One since it was first unveiled at CES 2019 in Las Vegas and conducted an interview with founder Dennis Zhu. I also met the team again at CES 2020 and for the last time in September 2021 in Cannes at the Yachting Festival. That’s where this video was made.

Video Chapter:

0:00 Introduction Waydoo Flyer One
0:23 Waydoo Plug & Play battery
1:00 Waydoo Flyer made of Kevlar
1:50 Remote control
2:22 Mast and wings
2:55 Outboard converter
3:19 Board bag

This year, in addition to the new Waydoo Flyer One, which weighs 28 kg including the battery, the Waydoo Flyer made of Kevlar was also shown.

Both models use the same motor, mast , battery and remote control, so the differences are only in the material of the board.

The Waydoo Flyer One has a plug & play battery that just plugs into the board, eliminating the need for cable connections. The runtime is stated as a maximum of 1.5 hours with mixed riding. However, the pure driving time is about 45 minutes.

Waydoo offers two mast sizes as well as two wing sizes. The large Explorer wing is for beginners and heavier riders while the smaller Petroler wing is designed for sportier riding.

The Waydoo Flyer One comes with a board bag on wheels to store the board and accessories. Optionally, there is an outboard converter that allows the mast with drive to be attached to a small boat or kayak.

Looking at getting my first efoil and thinking about getting one of the waydoo models. I’ve done a lot of research and have seen that the 1st generation of their boards have had a lot of issues. I’ve heard from some people that most of the issues have been fixed in the 2021 generation, but want to get some more opinions on if that is correct. Anyone who has a newer Waydoo board, how has your experience been?

Yes looks like… I´ve been riding a new one in November in Croatia…Worked fine…and definately much quieter than the old one…Really liked it… Jumped on it for 45 minutes and battery showed 50%… So I would assume you can ride about 1:10-1:30. I really like their board and the plug in system…good idea… and it only takes about 5mins to get on the water :+1:

Waydoo Flyer One Plus eFoil | Electric Hydrofoil Review

1 Like