Blea Surfboard discussion

I am thinking about backing them aswell. Just dont really know which one is better? The 20 or 30mph?

If you are heavier than 65kg then the faster board the better, as real speeds are never same as advertised for ANY board.

When kickstarter is finished and funded, the creators receive all the money and it’s up to them how they manage it. You do not get any money back from the kickstarter if the project is a scam, it’s a risk you take by investing it so early with so big discount.

It does not look like a scam and the developers were very friendly and open. However knowing the industry, nobody ever deliver here on time, so easily add 6 months to the promised date or maybe a year. Many people are waiting scubajet (another kickstarter for years) and airdog (another one) also was “years” delayed.

thanks for the reply, helped a lot

45 backers and 21 hours to go. Congrats, Blea Team.

Now we all look forward to shipping products :sunglasses:

Very exciting to have a successful launch!
Super happy for them!

It’s good for the industry to see such smashing success and a huge demand. I hope it will inspire other developers to hurry up :slight_smile:

And for Blea - try to deliver on the promises please!

Now I am confused. How can 2 additional backers bring it from 131k to 218k ???

They ordered 15+ boards?

Probably a big dealer ordered many boards

1 Like

Another video from 3 days ago:

Blea says they will be exibiting Surf Expo 2018 help in 6-8 Sep in Orlando and released a new video

Any news? No one is answering on facebook chat

2 weeks delivery set back because of a new battery design without screws to have a design similar to onean

Latest update doesn’t sound promising. Guess time line and price wasn’t that well calculated.

Dear Backers,

July was really a long month for our team- we received and tested our customized silicone, but in our multiple tests, we found that except for the silicone, the hardness of the body of the battery box could also give rise to the imperfect water-proof. If the hardness of the battery box body is not enough, the subtle twist might result in the water leakage when surfing. We’ve made a second version of the battery box as shown in the following picture.

The black one is the first version, and the grey one is the new second version. The hardness of the second version is far beyond the first version. And the further test for our new box is in progress.

In practical test of our product, we’ve met many expectable and unexpectable problems and troubles, and we are trying to resolve these issues and present the flawless product to our enthusiastic supporters. In the following days, we will report our development progress to you every month until our products are delivered to you.

Usually add 1 year to any time line promised by any developer. it’s normal in the industry.

Yes I know. And hope that the company doesn’t go bankrupt in the meanwhile

Here to give you all a positive note: I am a backer as well and a videographer out of FL. They are ready to ship me two boards to begin filming their new advertising video. I have been in contact with them since the Kickstarter and received many photos of the products. They have a booth reserved in Sept in Orlando for the surf expo and are picking up one of the boards from me after I film to take to the expo.

2 Likes

Sounds great please keep us posted with news

Do you know if they will send you their prototypes or boards of the mass production? And will you be allowed to tell your thoughts? Nice that you have more informations, hopefully they will be more transparent and detailed in their updates as well. Thanks for sharing

There are some similar boards with the same pictures on alibaba and ebay

1 Like

They said they have some production issues with the waterproof box that is delaying the process. “We are heading to US on 2nd Sep for the Surf Expo 2018 and meeting some potential distributors.” says Blea

Also saying, that similar boards on alibaba and ebay are marketing from their distributors and they will do Kickstarter backers first