Blea Surfboard discussion

What do you mean Dustin?

They told me that surfboards on alibaba and ebay which are similar to their product and which use the same pictures are from their resellers

The same factory but different sellers?

That’s what they say

Did that already happen?

Sorry I dont understand what you ask. Happen what

Eric told us

_No we are not whitelabeling for anyone. And we have changed our design of the battery box which no longer has any screws as you can see from the attached pic.

It seems they are copying our precious version and they are using our pictures without our permission. We have patented the design and we will take actions on them._

I would suggest to avoid any chinese boards until they are tested by Wayne and our team

“They have a booth reserved in Sept in Orlando for the surf expo and are picking up one of the boards from me after I film to take to the expo.”

I replied to that and asked if that already happened. Sorry replying here in that forum isn’t that clear

I have been testing the board above along with another one here in Florida. Still some bugs to work out but they are working.

We’ve been filming on the gulf and in Alabama.

Did you test both versions? Can you share your impressions?

1 Like

Next blea update:
Dear Backers and partners, once again, thank you so much for your patience.

We have received and tested out the modified silicon layer. They are working perfectly under static testing conditions and there was almost ZERO water leakage. That was big progress.

While during our actual riding test, there was still a bit of water coming into the board cabinet. After analysis, we found that during the riding, especially when there are waves, or rider is doing jumping on the board etc, the silicon would be distorted in certain instances, and the water would slide in at those short moments.

So we need to highlight about that honestly - the water proof of the board would need your special care about. We have taken measures to make all the components and connectors in the board to be waterproof. So there would be little impact on the board even when water goes into the board. We have also leaved a drainage hole on the top of the board for easier water drainage after your ride. Pls see pic.

Especially if you are using it in the salt water, please do rinse it thoroughly including the inner components with fresh water. Other than that, the board is ready to start produce.

We understand this is not a perfect version and the problem is deep rooted in the initial design. The silicon layer itself has been perfected, but it is the design that makes the waterproof function not working perfectly. It has been a good lesson for us to learn from and we are working on a newer version based on those lessons. We have also started to commence on working out the 2nd generation – to solve the waterproof and the cooling problem more efficiently by redesigning the body and material of the board –

1. The battery component will be totally separated with the body. As shown in the picture. Even waters come in through the removable battery gaps, no water would gets into the board to affect other components. So the reliability of the board would be further enhanced.

1. The ESC will be placed in the bottom of the body by covering with 316 stainless Steel cover. When driving, the flowing of the water will take away the heat of the controller, and no additional water-cooling system would be required for the ESC. The ESC is not removable, so they will be permanently fixed with simply screws and silicons.

We admire all our backers’contribution to the success of Blea and your future review on the board would also decide the fate of Blea. So we have always wanted to present you with the best product we could make. But we also understand that, some of our backers are too eager to wait any more for the board. Therefore, we would like to invite you to decide at this point.

A. Just send the 1st generation board as quick as you can.

B. Wait for the perfected newer version which solves the waterproof issues completely. It could possible take another 3 months for the process.

We would send out a survey to get your opinions. You can also comment here if you have any suggestions on the designs.

Option C. Refund and get a proper board that is well tested.

Yes, option C would be the best. Certainly not option A.

I have two boards in my possession and i hate the handles for removing the batteries and locking the battery in the board. i live in Florida and they have all rusted with just a few uses. This needs to be changed before they send out any boards. This is a poor design.

Sorry if i sounded too harsh. I dont agree with this idea of collecting money and shipping underdeveloped product to customers, that is not how the industry should go. “We noticed it leaks and gets rusty, but it’s ok, just dont use it in the water and then it will be fine.”

I see many other developers are putting years of hard work into tests before selling something.

Also why would you put a drain hole at the top and not in the back. Now you will need to pick up the heavy part of the board to drain the water. Why not pick up the front light part to drain?

Testing more this weekend but some parts are in dire need of re-design and battery life sucks. So i am hoping this probably has been fixed. On performance i am getting 15 minutes of run time with no battery meter to tell when it dies. But i am getting 27mph which is good but nobody will pay this much money for a board that only gets 15 min run time and 2 hours to charge.

can you post fotos of battery? is it waterproof? how does it connect?

No good news, they ran out of money and have to find an investoe

Well, I guess this industry is having a hard time to deliver. Is there actually anyone shipping other than Lift Foils and Onean?

Loawai (ex CURF) and Awake are shipping as well. Fliteboard should start very soon.