DLE jet surfboard from China

Anyone tested it it?

The video looks not bad, but I have my concerns …

I heard of it before, it’s another jetsurf rippoff…

I would suggest to avoid all ripoffs like this. Most likely some parameters are also false. 18kg ? lighter than jetsurf? Speed is even faster? Maybe for the 45kg person from the video but not for me. I have my doubts.

The straps and colors are horrible.

The bottom line - anyone can copycat jetsurf and it may look same and even work same on first try but after seeing how much effort is put in jetsurf factory to perfect it over the years and how many smallest details and mistakes can ruin the board - there is no way any generation 1 or 2 copy cat can be anywhere close.

While they are trying to copy an old jetsurf board, martin sula is already 3 steps ahead testing the next gen one, so it’s a race he is not going to lose.

1 Like

They are using a photo from the Surftek website:

https://surfteksurfboards.com/product/jet-surfboard-stsx-7/

Surftek, located in Canada, sells Jet Surf knock-offs. Can’t tell if they manufacture their own boards or resell a Chinese made product. I wonder if this DLE website is in some way connected to Surftek.

That is probably whitelabel… Of course they are all made in china on same factory just under different brands. The price is crazy high for a jetsurf knock-off that can break on the first use. Avoid.

@ Andreas,

The DLE is a lookalike but they are different not 1 part is 100% same.
My friend has both, first he bought the DLE after that he bought Jetsurf…

It looks like DLE is a bit faster.
The support of DLE when stuff breakes is ok.
Jetsurf not needs support.

just my 2 cents post on this topic

rgds Obbe

We purchased 2 of the DLE Surfboards from Surftek out of Ontario Canada. https://surfskatefly.com/ We received our boards mid July and have had a blast with them. My friend owns a Jet Surf which allowed us a opportunity to really compare the two boards.

Fit and finish on both boards are very comparable, the Surftek (DLE) edged out Jetsurf under the hood. Surftek did a neater job tying back and securing electral and hoses and in addition has the larger engine (106 cc). If you do your research on DLE engines you will soon discover that they were the leaders in R/C large scale aircrafts. When a guy spent 7,000 on a high end R/C aircraft, it was usually equipped with a DLE engine.

In the area of Maintenance Jetsurf requires maintenance to the main bearing and service to the muffler (removing and cleaning the tail ball) every 5 hours of running time. Surftek boards do not require this service.

We have put in excess of 20 hours running time on each board and have not had a single issue. As all of you know - summers are just to darn short!
My friend who owns the Jetsurf had Crank Sensor issues and lost 2 weeks riding and ended up using ours.

Let’s talk price (Canadian) - took a few seasons to talk my wife into spending this kind of money on toys, but as soon as she seen one circle our boat she was hooked! I received the OK from the boss to purchase a brand new Jetsurf GP. Price, just north of 20,000 plus Provincial Sales Tax.
The day before I was going to order my new Jetsurf my wife came across an E-Bay add for Surftek. After contacting them and doing our research we discovered that they are a Canadian Company and in addition have access to all parts.

We decided to go with Surftek and have no regrets. We were able to buy 2 Surftek boards for less than 1 Jetsurf GP.

1 Like

[quote=“Andreas, post:1, topic:404, full:true”]

Anyone tested it it?

The video looks not bad, but I have my concerns …

[/quote]

Dear sirs,

We are DLE Jetboard manufacturer, for your doubt, we will give you reply .Our first generation product is 18KG, after improved the weight is 19.5KG,and 55KM is our real speed. We are still making improvements to our product, and try to improve its performance. If you have any doubt just feel free to contact with us. Thanks.

E-mail:jetboard@dlengine.com

1 Like

I can answer your doubts. The Surftek brand has nothing to do with the DLE brand. Surftek has changed the DLE product trademark to its own product. The DLE brand is a product made in China.

Hi everyone,

Have any of you guys have ridden the Korean RCMK twin inline engine Motojet board or have any recommendation/information about that board?

I’m probably going for Jetsurf Race DFI, but I would like to consider other cheaper maybe as reliable as Jetsurf boards before committing to such a investment.

Thanks boys and girls!

RCMK i have no news and rcmk.com website is down for weeks, i think they are out of business.

Check our DLE review

If price is not an issue, definitely get new Jetsurf DFI.

Hi Dave, thanks for sharing your experience!
Just so you know that they sell it in China for just 7000 cad and there’s no sales tax in China.
And there’re a few other companies other than DLE, e.g. http://www.yafeisurf.com/

Dave’s experience is very old. It’s true old jetsurf boards (up to 2018 model) were unreliable and broke a lot. Since then 3 generations were very reliable especially after DFI technology was introduced in 2019

As for chinese ripoffs - you get what you pay for. I am personally strongly against copycats, ripoffs and scam boards. Yes they look cheaper at first but if you look into this deeper, you will waste tons of money on shipping, imprort tax and then when it break you will realize there is no local dealer to help you and good luck shipping it back to China for servicing.

yafeisurf website does not load well for me but from couple of fotos i already see it’s a rippoff of old 2018 jetsurf race board, even design graphics is stolen. Avoid at all costs.

I agree with you, unfortunately, I cannot afford a 16,000+ cad board. If the price is less than half, I’m comfortable with the risk. They do have a local distributor here in Canada, https://www.dlengine.ca/ where you can get the parts from.

If you are buying a board and already thinking of parts - maybe better to wait and just buy a genuine board that won’t break? You can get a good 1-2 year used jetsurf for the price of those chinese ripoffs and at least it wont break that much. Anyways, good luck and hopefully you will join jetboarding in future!

Better stay away from the cheap stuff. You will pay even more at the end …

So a friend of mine took over DLE for the USA 2022 https://jetboardsamerica.com/ Its the Chinese board of Jetsurf without the price. I have a 2020 Jetsurf which costs a lot more especially with fixing a lot, love my board but I have less in my 2016 DLE, it’s a tad faster, and less components so if something breaks you can identify it faster I feel. I love both my boards though!! My Jetsurf has alternator on it so can ride all day, DLE you get 45-60 minutes on it before charging it again. Now the new DLEs can get 3-4+ tanks for longer rides before recharge so I haven’t tried the newer models yet. Just know big upgrades. Again love them both! I would say that DLE is more of a Lake and River board. Jetsurf for big wave hunting in the ocean, ocean riding in general, Lake and River board.

So a friend of mine took over DLE for the USA 2022 https://jetboardsamerica.com/ Its the Chinese board of Jetsurf without the price. I have a 2020 Jetsurf which costs a lot more especially with fixing a lot, love my board but I have less in my 2016 DLE, it’s a tad faster, and less components so if something breaks you can identify it faster I feel. I love both my boards though!! My Jetsurf has alternator on it so can ride all day, DLE you get 45-60 minutes on it before charging it again. Now the new DLEs can get 3-4+ tanks for longer rides before recharge so I haven’t tried the newer models yet. Just know big upgrades. Again love them both! I would say that DLE is more of a Lake and River board. Jetsurf for big wave hunting in the ocean, ocean riding in general, Lake and River board.

That would be correct, I normally ride at least 3 to 4 tanks of fuel before I recharge my board,
:thinking: i’ll perform a test when I have an opportunity, see how many tanks of fuel it will run, before the starter starts to drag.
I’ve never noticed the starter dragging, or the bilge pump running slow, at this point I just charge it every three or four tanks of fuel, because I figure it needs it.

This holds true for my second generation board as well.

1 Like

Finally bought this DLE jetboard, should arrive monday. I’ll make a feedback here about it when I get it.
it’s a gen 3.

I got a really nice contact with the US dealer, Rodney, JetboardsAmerica here.
That’s make my decision for this one instead of Jetsurf. He always answer all my questions with honesty and make me feel secure enough to spend this amount online. Even to critic the board he was really honest and told me the Jetsurf are better at some points.

Rodney send me all the pictures I asked for and what I see look seriously build (again I’ll make a feedback when I have the board in hands). I like the new brushless starter and the fact than starter gearing are oil sump on the gen 3. The experience about DLE in 2stroke engine is an important point.

The only point he can improve for me is the payment, at the end we end up with a deal and make me feel alright. But the payment process is a bit critical for this kind of amount.

At the beginning I would like to buy a Torque, I go quit far in the process, but for the moment they don’t have a US dealer (it’s should arrive soon according to Dean). So didn’t feel secured enough to spend 10k online.
But the contact was good with the owner, Dean Jarrett, he always answer my E-mail. The board are great with lot’s of improvement on gen 3. If I was still in france I definitely go for that one.

The only issue I have was: they don’t have any Stock so the production time and the delivery time/cost didn’t make me feel secure.
But if one day I want to get an electric Board I will probably go with this one, if they have a US dealer of course.

I was thinking about the other brand and here is why this 2 are my choice (electric/gas):

Jetsurf: Of course I look a lot on this wells known brand and I tried to contact them one time for used and after for a new board.
But never get any answer… Maybe they have too much enquiries and just forget me, but if I don’t have an answer to buy a board I don’t know how it will be if I have an issue.
Also the price of the spare parts and the complication of the board is an issue to me. Injection is great but, to work on car, it could be complicated/expansive if you have trouble after the warranty.
For my POV they should keep cheaper/simpler carb version, but you don’t have the choice anymore.
I was thinking about a used carb one, but the descend used board disappear really fast and the rest are quit to old for this kind of tech.

Mako: I really like the design of this board, and it was a serious option, but they don’t have the same experience/aura as Jetsurf, they are not affordable like DLE and they didn’t have the same engine experience.

SAVA: I still think this board have potential, especially for the price, but they’re too young in this world and need to make improvement on the board to get it more reliable and powerful. But it’s a big brand behind it and if they want to get serious they have enough resources to make a good board. Will see.

Radinn: I was really interested by the carve, but really, I spend 14K (with tax) on a board and didn’t get the full power? Need to spend 1K more? it’s a joke? :no_mouth:
And the second battery is expansive, at the end for 2 battery and full power you finish with a price more than 20K…
To finish that the battery are for my point of view, not enough protected by a warranty.
1year/200cycle of charge. With a real range of 25min that’s give you a bit more than 80h ride under warranty. What’s happen if I get an issue after? I need to spend 6K?
I got an issue on a battery skateboard out of warranty I know it could happen. Luckily skateboards battery are way smaller/cheaper.

So let’s see, I hope I will be not disappointed with this board. I’ll keep you updated.