Foil new efoil from usa?

Any thoughts?

Next gen looking design reminds of Tesla Cybertruck :slight_smile:

It is good to have competition. Not sure if I would buy the 1st generation.

Only 1000 units will be built in 2020. 650 of 1000 reservations remain. A fully refundable deposit of $25 is needed to reserve your Foil. Shortly before your Foil is built, you can choose to pay monthly or with one cash payment.

Not sure why it should be the most advanced Foil? Lift is also not using a gear box …

It looks like the Tesla Cybertruck candy so it must be most advanced :wink:

What happened to this company? They were very active after their announcement and now there’s been no news for months.

Too good to be true maybe?

Yes seems pretty dead after November 2019. Probably hit the reality of chinese production and delays, like all other companies and will come back a year later…

Another reason probably all the hype was done to find investors and if they could not secure investors and funding, it just does not go anywhere. It is just too expensive to start mass production.

I would suggest to get a proven board like Fliteboard or Liftfoils and not wait for such companies. It will take YEARS before you can trust big money to someone and it must be several generations of boards to see if they can really stay in business.

Have you guys tried contacting them to set up a test / review? They claimed they’re going to be doing a demo tour at some point.

I think I tried but got no response.

To be fair, I tried again and they responded they are still in business!

I dont plan to go to Florida but if someone from Florida can test it, it will be interesting!

Good luck guys!

What are you talking about? They haven’t shipped any units, they’re delayed until next year.

I would suggest to avoid all companies that are not sure what they are doing and companies asking for any “preorders”. There are more than enough good boards in 2020 that you can buy right away and get shipped in 2-3 weeks so why waste all this time and energy on something that never comes.

What i learned over these years -
It’s a very long way from making 1 prototype that kinda “works” and looks good on video and making a successful company that can ship internationally and do service and repairs.

We don’t really have any options in the US. It’s either Lift or maybe Fliteboard, but I think Fliteboard may take 6+ weeks to arrive since they have no inventory in the US.

Must be thinking of a different company because they’ve never had anything for sale.

No one will believe this without proof. If he’s online you could’ve easily posted a link, but you didn’t. Just another reason to believe this is all made up.

Finally some 3rd party videos appearing about the new Foil… here is a full unboxing

Looks like an interesting board, will be interesting to see your experience on the water. I love the new simplified design without all those extra cables and an easy way to charge remote from the battery. Not sure if lack of handles on the board is easy to manage in the water, it looks very slippery and how will we attach the leash? Hopefully they will add handles in future orders.
Great to see they finally started shipping, well done!
Lets see their experience in the water!

P.S. So far most orders are only in USA, If anyone is getting FOIL in europe - please let me know, would love to meet, test and film together in future for our Jetsurfingnation channel!

Another unboxing and review video found here:

Looks like he has some trouble already with his wing. The missing handles seem to be a problem, the scratches appear on all foils when being used, so I don’t see an issue there. But the spitted wing would concern me…

1 Like

Sad to hear of the crazy-fragile wing and failure to put at least one handle on the side. Board is so long and heavy it seems designed only for entry level users. Remote currently has no governor settings.

From the video it looks very similar to Etakuma in terms of “it’s made for beginners”. Also very big, heavy but also very floatable. I am not sure how they forgot about the handles, it’s pretty much standard feature “must have” in all efoils especially in such big ones, else how you can carry it to the water. Same issue was with first RADINN but then they heard my cries and added handles in later versions…

Where is the leash attachment spot? also missing. If no handles then no way to attach the leash even.

The short mast is good for beginners but pro rides need longer mast and big selection of wings. This wing looks huge and targeted for beginners.

The quality carbon wing should not have any scratches. Not sure what material they used, it looks very unnecessary glossy. In products like this long term durability is much more important than being glossy and shiny. Not very impressed from what i see in his review video.

The overheating charger seems like a safety concern. From the video the charger looks undersized and underpowered for battery that big. Other efoils i have use bigger charger and it does not get hot.

However very good to see a simplified access without tons of data / cooling cables , one simple access cable to the battery! very cool. i like simplified design like this and innovation in terms of charging remote with the battery!

The new sport of Electric hydrofoils or efoils in short are takingover the world of watersports and today we meet Jeremy who is going toshare with us his review of a new efoil from getfoil.comRecorded by Jeremy Byrom from @eFoilLakePowell for JetSurfingNation.

Recorded by Jeremy Byrom from @eFoilLakePowell for JetSurfingNation.
In this video review you will find out
00:00 Jeremy Byrom experience
00:48 Comparing Foil and Waydoo battery
01:00 Foil remote pros and cons
02:50 Foil efoil board features
04:45 Assemble of Getfoil.com board
05:40 New features coming soon?

New Video - FOIL REVIEW and INTERVIEW | NEW EFOIL | :surfing_man:‍ NEW FEATURES

Foil from Getfoil.com review - Electric hydrofoils or efoils in short are taking over the world of watersports and today we meet Jake Berube who is going to share with us his honest unbiased review of a new efoil from getfoil.com Special thanks to Jake Berube for help making this video

00:00 GETFOIL.com efoil review

01:00 Jake experience with efoils

02:33 FOIL features

04:33 FOIL remote control

10:20 efoil and its features

14:20 The mast and wings

16:40 Noise levels

18:20 Pros and Cons of Getfoil.com

Thanks for sharing. Your audio has some issues, but great to see new players with new ideas (remote charging on battery).