Waydoo quality issues?

Thanks for the additional input. As the guy behind e-surfer.com I just want to make sure that the user “esurfer1” is not related to us. At @notesurfer1 , no problem to use this user name, I just want to avoid any confusion.

Thanks
Andreas

I updated it to make it clear :+1:

Here is another report of the same issue, that’s at least 5 I’ve counted so far and there have also been separate reports of controllers with stuck throttles that can cause a similar issue:

Well I must tell that I had a takuma before and now have a waydoo without any problem using it for 3 months so far… maybe luck but I´m quite confident so far… will tell you if this changes…
What I tested today myself: If you put the remote under water or turn it of then the board definately stops… So I can´t follow above reports…Anyhow what I really can´t believe is that anyone gets a waydoo under water for 10+15 seconds. That is just bullshit and won`t work… If you take physics it is just not possible as it has about 130 liter and this positive boyancy always tends to make the board go upwards. Aditionaly if the motor would run, this would make the board as well tending to go upwards…with the same momentum… . And if there was no cable or similar under water it iis unbelievable that it happened as described…
Everyone can try their own efoil to see if they can dive it in any way for 10seconds :face_with_raised_eyebrow: → that casts a bad light on the other versions

Who cares if it happened exactly as described? Why are you focusing on one irrelevant detail instead of the fact that there are several boards that have gone completely out of control? This is as dangerous as design flaws get and it could easily kill someone swimming nearby or leave the rider stranded in the ocean.

The Cult of Waydoo is very strange, your post just looks like a sad attempt to divert attention from the real problem :thinking:

1 Like

Well I don´tt want to lead you anywhere! But this report is just bullshit as this diving the board 15 seconds without any additional force just can`t happen. Everyone who has an efoil will know this is just technicall impossibly! The momentum of forces just makes it impossible… and if such bullshit is posted it makes the rest of the report unbelieveable too… So before believing every statement it makes sense to think of it twice…
So best is to take your efoil and try to dive it under water in any way for 15seconds :joy:

1 Like

If the entire remote controller is immersed in water, the connection and the board will definitely be interrupted. The motor should then stop, if there is no fault in the firmware.

I think Waydoo has a real problem. This is just way too much negative feedback from actual customers. People paid a few thousands USD or EUR and get a product which was not ready for the market.

Waydoo probably cannot afford to recall the boards and might just shut down. Lesson learned: Never buy such expensive products from Kickstarter.

Just my two cents.

Every single jetboard and efoil manufacturer had a lot of issues with first generation board… waydoo just sold more quickly so more problems are public. It tooks years before jetsurf became a reliable and bulletproof machine. Nobody gets it right on the first try. If company is ready to learn from its mistakes and recall faulty boards they can still succeed.

2 Likes

But is this not the point here? Most other manufacturers sold only small units at the beginning. Some of them made them only available to “beta testers” which are usually located in the same region. In this case you know what you pay for. But Waydoo selling hundreds of boards all around the world to endusers right from the start feels odd to me. Now it seems that they don’t have the resources to deal with the support cases.

1 Like

Yes it’s a tough situation - cutting the price means they cut the corners, produce low quality → hence more issues, more support needed, more spares, even less margins. In my opinion cutting the price in half was not a good idea from the start. There is a reason Fliteboard and Lift are 12k - they have enough margin to deal with issues and still stay profitable.

Holy sh**. I just had a look in the Waydoo Flyer FB group. The problems seem not to stop.

Lost battery holder:

Board damages:

Lost controller:

More people loosing the battery holder:

Rusted battery magnet:

More fuselages breaking:

Front wings breaking off:

unreliable screws:

The list is endless …

Unbelievable. I hope Waydoo has enough resources to deal with it. If they go out of business it would be a sad day for all their clients.

Each time I am opening Facebook I see more pictures. Waydoo propeller:

Damage to an unprotected polystyrene board is not uncommon. The corroded magnet is lamellar, but this can be prevented by coating with epoxy. I’m most scared of the crackling fuselage. I wanted to knock the place with the hole where it cracks (weakened by the screws and the hole for the entry of cooling water) with some reinforcing sleeve, but it doesn’t seem to be that easy, because the hole must not be covered or stopped flowing from the front water.

@kayak31 , what is your point? You are just sending a link to your shop page? What are you doing to have less customer complains in future? Did you fix the issues?

Reskinned waydoo for 13k?

“The Warp9 Xflight prices are around the $13,000 range and that is including an extra lithium battery.”

The comments about the waydoo are removed?

Not a best way to start in the industry by fooling the community.

Just be careful with new players. As mentioned several times, wait for reviews and local resellers. Try it before you buy it.

Not sure if this is Waydoo, but even it is is a white label Waydoo, I am sure the guys would never admit it. This is why they put a different label on it :wink:

In my opinion white label solutions are even worth as you have one layer more in the support chain.

I would almost bet that this year tons of this white label products will hit the market.

If you have the above problem: My board is running without remote connection, you can use the Analysis Tool to create a screenshot and send it to support.

Analysis Tool can be downloaded here and requires Android 5.0 and higher. After installation, the tool is paired via Bluetooth with the board turned on and after displaying the information, create a screenshot. Here is mine (for example):

I only sent mine for precautionary reasons. I also sent a question to verify if my piece is not in a batch with a bad alloy for Fuselage, which cracks even without an impact.