Waydoo quality issues?

I hope your Chinese language skills are good enough to understand the report :rofl: :joy:

Sorry to be so negative today, but I am worried. Now that Takuma is selling via Decathlon, will Waydoo be on sale at BestBuy?

Looks like Waydoo is trying to resolve these quality issues:

It says however that the runaway board issues are real. That’s really dangerous. Better don’t use this boards until this is fixed. The firmware upgrade once available is only possible with an Android phone so far. Sorry, iPhone users …

In their FB group you can also read that key sales staff has left Waydoo over the last weeks. Not very promising.

The drama continues - Lift is suing Waydoo for patent infringement https://litigationtools.maxval-ip.com/UnifiedPatentViewDocument/home/index?caseid=482444&fbclid=IwAR344pBVYJggkCIbHnTVWIM5fUR1ipeTa9AeuBEQzvzG-4mayZvudkK9uqU

Maybe this is the reason why the parts were seized by US customs. Not good news for any Waydoo user in the US with broken boards.

This is in line with ongoing user frustration in the Waydoo Facebook group:

Someone said very well there. There is no such thing as “Same but cheaper”.

More rusted Waydoo battery magnets …

Neodymium magnets are nickel-plated and if the protective layer breaks, the magnet will immediately corrode. Corrosion is very rapid, especially in salt water. I doubt very much that Waydoo makes magnets, they just buy them. They are standard magnets, like any other. It’s no tragedy because a magnet costs $ 0.5. Rather, it is a matter of soiling the board with rust.

1 Like

New Waydoo Flyer firmware version 2.0 is available for download here. Update only available via Android, iOS will be available soon. Both mast as remote need to be updated.

Hopefully this means better times for some of the Waydoo users …

I already ordered that fasteners.

Otherwise, the new firmware is 1.4.3-F2.0-H2.0_release. Apple store and Google Play are already supported (but Google Play is for some countries). It will be possible to record the route using built-in GPS.

This seems to be a never ending story with Waydoo. Today from Facebook:

Facebook

It does indeed not stop. I found this on Facebook again today.

My understanding is the long masts are no longer in production due to bending issues under certain conditions (rider weight, wing size).

The weak fuselages are an acknowledged design and production-batch flaw (especially with heavier riders and larger wing). There are many WFO eFoils out there under heavy use without issue but it’s unclear which batches are affected.

Fuselages (and possibly longer masts) will be re-engineered in the future - current owners are waiting on some sort of reinforcement sleeve/part to be shipped out.

This is the downside of effectively beta-testing their product for them (with the upside of a reduced Kickstarter price for many including myself) - as long as they ship replacement parts quickly (and no one gets hurt).

And this is what it looks like and mounts:

Fasteners

It’s good to see they acknowledge the problem and found a solution

1 Like

I just wonder, how much force can made such breakage and mast bending , How about material test e.g. tensile strength and bendingstrength examination etc. ideally testing material of premium foils too, make comparision, let us see material difference here. Test report help us understand more !!!

It is possible that the tests were not carried out correctly, or a different material was used than the one that passed the tests. Explanations in this situation should and should be warranty service with free replacement of a part that broke at the slightest load.

Video How to install a Waydoo fastener on an eFoil

Fasteners arrived today, plus a Fireproof Safe Bag and a mobile phone stand.